Monday 29 July 2013

Pink Ruffled Notebook Cover

I thought it was time for a well earned rest after finishing the Polymer clay book, we had a ridiculous heatwave here in the UK too, so it was far too hot to blink without sweating. I took refuge downstairs where it was a bit cooler for a few days and then had a look through my felt box to see what I could work on next. I found the pink nuno pieces I made for Ann’s Challenge on the Felting and Fiber Studio site, and decided to work on those. I started with the larger piece I made for a notebook cover. I’d measured carefully when I made the piece so I’d get the ruffles just on the front and back. This is the front:


And this is the back:


I must have measured properly because it worked out well. I didn’t want any of the ruffles where the flaps for the inside would go.


The fabric is a kind of synthetic crepe and ripples and ruffles nicely.


I’ve listed this on etsy now, though I'm going to swap the notebook for a red one. I’ve already cut and machine stitched the other piece for making a camera case, so as long as it stays cooler, I’ll work on the blanket stitch around that next.

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely! It so invites you to run your fingers over the texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn :)
      It does have a nice texture.

      Delete