Monday 2 April 2012

Natural Wools and Fibres (3)

I recently got some gorgeous brown Finnish wool tops and some dark brown Corriedale tops from World of Wool, so thought I'd try them out with some 'other' fibres. Usually, I'll just try one fibre with a particular wool first, but I couldn't decide which fibre to try with the Finnish first, so thought I'd try a few. I really liked how this turned out. From Top to Bottom, the fibres are: Banana Fibre; Soybean fibre; Ingeo; Flax; Milk protein fibre; Hemp and Ramie. They were all in the form of tops.


With the dark brown Corriedale, I used some white cotton gauze


It was only meant as a test sample, but I really liked the way it looked in a frame:


And just for a change, I tried some felted soap. I've never been much good at this, the soap shrinks faster than the wool and it always seems loose. Lyn from Rosiepink, helped me out with instructions and this turned out quite well.



I've noticed that since Blogger has that Carousel/slide show thing when pictures are clicked on, you don't get a large picture anymore. If you right click on the photo in the carousel, choose 'properties' you can get the URL for the full sized photo. Copy and paste in a new tab for a big photo.

5 comments:

  1. I love to combine cotton gauze and wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zed your corriedale & gauze look fab in the frame!
    Felted soap takes a suprisingly long time I've found..
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Galina and Deborah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger has this feature if you update to their newer templates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just seen this new style blogger and finding my way around :)
    Thanks, Judy

    ReplyDelete