Tuesday 26 December 2017

Scarves Part One

I've been into making scarves lately, though I probably carded more wool and ironed more scrim and gauze than I used for making scarves, but I have finished quite a few. This is a white one I made a few weeks ago:


I used 18.5 mic Merino, and Rose fibre for embellishing:


I cut the scarf wider than my template, and scrunch gathered it to size before adding the wool, so it'd have some texture on the back:


I also made a short, wide scarf/wrap similar to the white scarf, using natural cotton scrim and 18.5 mic Merino:


It's about 3 times as wide as the scarf, and I didn't scrunch the scrim first:


I used 3 different cellulose fibres for embellishing this: Viscose, Rose and Tencel, this is the Viscose:


Another scarf I made recently is this bright, colourful one. I always prefer the side where the wispy ends of the wool tops overlap (or underlap since they're laid first) the next colour:


This is the other side where the colours are in blocks:


An 'arty' shot to shop how soft it is :)


I think the multi one is the only scarf I made recently which isn't nuno-felt. This next one was made with 18.5 mic Merino and hand dyed cotton scrim. I embellished this with hand dyed bamboo top:



I cut a strip of subtley variegated lemon/yellow scrim to size, then cut the strip into roughly even pieces and re-arranged them before adding the Merino on top:



I've got a few more scarves to show, so check back before the end of the year to see part two :)



No comments:

Post a Comment