Friday 13 June 2014

Natural Wools and Embellishment Fibre Panels 2

A couple more natural wool felt and embellishment fibre panels. This first one is Brown Finnish again, this time with a band of hemp fibre:


A close up:


This next felt panel is made from Humbug (stripes of black and white) Jacob top and white and black viscose tops:


Straight on shot:


Close up:


Do you like to try different breeds of wool for felting? Do you have a favourite or ones you think are better suited to particular projects? How about embellishment fibres, do you have any favourites?

5 comments:

  1. The humbug is scrummy! I don't have a favourite embellishment fibre - I seem to like them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn, I liked the way it worked out. I like them all too!

      Delete
  2. Not enough experience working with different breeds yet! I've done shetland, icelandic, navajo churro, and some others. Is viscose what Americans call rayon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I've never tried Navajo churro, but have heard of it. I think Viscose might be a type of Rayon, I think the Americans tend to call viscose by the brand name Tencel. I'm not an expert though and I think names are used quite loosely.

      Delete