Thursday 9 January 2014

New Year, Old Stuff

I have one more pice that I made just before Christmas that I haven't done anything with yet. I planned it so that the red to purple rainbow stripes in the centre would fit around an A5 notebook, and the stripes at the ends would be the flaps inside. But it didn't shrink enough for that. And isn't quite long enough to fit on an A5 ringbinder.


This is the back:

After the craft fair I made a few more camera cases, it was nice to sit and sew without any pressure of having to get it done by a certain time. These are from a grey merino and grey/pink synthetic fabric nuno piece I made a while ago. Sorry about the odd photos, there was a weird blue light here today.


These are slightly bigger and made from burgundy merino and a kind of tulle synthetic fabric nuno.


I haven't had chance to do much at all lately, I thought I'd have to file my tax returns soon, so have been frantically listing, categorising and printing all week. It turns out the 31st Jan deadline is for the 2012-2013 tax year, which I filed in April last year. I didn't feel silly about that when I phoned up trying to file tax returns 3 months early :)
You might remember a post on the Felting and Fiber Studio site from last year about expanding the felting and fiber community. I just wanted to remind everyone that we are still interested in having guest posts, articles, features etc if anyone would like to contribute to the site? If you'd like an idea of some of the posts others have contributed, hover over  'Community' on the menu bar and you will see the various categories. It doesn't have to be original, it can be something you've used on your own site, as long as it is about felt, fabric, wool or fibres or anything related like threads, tools, farming, production, supplies, selling etc we'd love to include it :)  Use the Contact Form at the top of the site or PM us on the forum.




I thought I'd add a supermacro of locks, just because :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the rainbow piece!!! It's a pity that it didn't come out in the right measurements for you to do a cover but I'm sure you'll find something nice to make with this rainbow piece!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simona :)
      I'm always collecting 'odd' sized folders and notebooks, so maybe it'll be perfect for one of those

      Delete
  2. Rainbows - my favourite - I'm sure just the right project will come along....
    <3 the supermacro, just because!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a whole post of 'just because' supermacros! :)

      Delete
  3. the stripy one is fabulous! I love the way the colours are so distinct on the front

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Zed I'm glad I'm not the only one! I did EXACTLY the same thing yesterday with MY taxes :) No wonder I couldn't remember not having the whole years info last time I did it lol. Good news is at least it'll be quick come April :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it wasn't just me! Yeah, we'll be through them in a flash in April :)

      Delete