Tuesday 1 March 2011

Buttons!

....and a few brooches and embellishments :)

When I was searching for the perfect button for one of my texture-felt bags, I realised my stash of Fimo buttons and embellishments was practically non existent ... not counting the far too huge stockpile of 'rejects' I have (I will find a use for them one day!).

So, I decided to get all my fimo 'paraphernalia' out and make a huge mess in the kitchen making vast amounts of all things polymer. I wasn't even sure my fimo would be good, since I hadn't used it for 2 or 3 years, or that I'd remember how to do it, but it was fine, even previously conditioned clay I'd wrapped up was as good as the day I'd left it, and I had no problem remembering what to do. Though I can't for the life of me remember where my polyblade is :)

A few days on, and I have a growing collection of buttons, embellishments, brooches and pendants. Here are a few of them, there are more on my flickr page :)




4 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea!! I especially love the burnished (metal-looking) and wood-colored ones! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! Are they strong enough to use as 'real' buttons? Sometimes this clay can be a bit fragile...thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! :)

    Yeah, they are strong enough Kerry, I made sure I made them thick enough :)

    ReplyDelete