Sunday, 9 January 2011

More Lamp Shade Covers

I recently bought myself a set of 4 table lamps. After making the felted lampshade cover for my ceiling light, they looked a bit plain, so I decided to make covers for those too. The first one I made was another felted one. This turned out a little thicker than the green because of the silk top and silk noil I added, but I still like it.

I've only finished another two so far, a blue and a brown. I did these a little differently, and used fabric to cover them instead. I bought some remnants a while back, and used one to make a book coverSew-Fantastic on flickr told me that it was a Vera Bradley fabric. It turned out to be a misprinted 'seconds' of her Peacock fabric, but looking through flickr, I realised I'd bought at least 3 different Vera Bradley fabrics and my 2 favourite were perfect for lampshade covers.


Now I just have to find time to do the white felt piece for the last lamp shade :)